- Industry Data: an overview of the Austrian game development industry
- Videospielen.at: an overview of game-related shops & events in Austria.
- Game Jobs List
- List of Austrian Game Companies – note: last updated in 2018.
- SUBOTRON: a game culture initiative organising events, talks, workshops, pitch competitions and studio tours.
- Indie Game Developers Slack: a community of Austrian indie devs
- Vienna Game Dev Meetup: monthly meetup of Austrian devs
- Game Dev Graz: a community of devs in Styria
- Game Dev Days: professional game development conference connecting industry, indies and academia
- GameDev Tirol: regular meetup of Tyrolian devs + surrounding areas
- Salzburger Games Workshop: regular meetup of Salzburg’s game dev scene
- Pixel Vienna: the Austrian Computer Graphics and Animation Conference.
- GameDev Linz: Discord of a community of devs in Upper Austria
- PGDA Discord: join the PGDA Discord server
- PGDA Members: overview of association members
- PGDA Presskit: facts & visuals for use in media
- PGDA Meetup page listing all of our events
- We have a Monthly PGDA Call discussing topics such as funding, events and lobbying. You can join on Twitch!
- Something to add to this overview? Let us know.
Making games in Austria
If you’re starting from scratch, it can be daunting to begin your career in games or start your own game company. Where do you begin? That’s why we’ve gathered a bunch of helpful resources that will help you get on your way, whether you are a student, hobbyist, or a game developer looking to make the next step in your career.
We’ll keep updating this page with more content, but if you’d like to share something, do let us know!