Austrian Studios present their games at Gamescom
Next week, the annual events gamescom and devcom are taking place in Cologne, Germany. For the uninitiated: gamescom is the largest event for video games in Europe and offers a stage to present the newest trends the industry has to offer. From Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th, Koelnmesse is open for the public to test the hottest releases and collect that sweet, sweet merch.
But the real magic (at least for us developers) happens behind the public scenes – at devcom (21st and 22nd) and the business area (23rd to 25th) during the main event. These events are reserved for developers, publishing representatives, press reporters and anyone else active in the games industry. They offer developers a venue for networking and host an abundance of talks, panels and get-togethers to facilitate professional discourse.
The PGDA along with multiple Austrian studios will be part of the Advantage Austria booth in hall 4.1 at D038/C029. We’re pleased to say our booth will be joined by Coral Cove, a team of students and winners of the PGDA Talent Award 2023. Additionally, our board members will be attending the EGDF General Assembly and will be actively participating in the networking events happening around gamescom as well!
Some of the studios you can meet at the Austrian booth:
- Bongfish GmbH
- ClockStone Softwareentwicklungs GmbH
- Rarebyte OG
- Mipumi Games GmbH
- stillalive studios GmbH
- Toplitz Marketing and Distribution GmbH
- Golden Whale Productions GmbH
- PLAION GmbH
Talks by speakers from Austria
- Eline Muijres | Producer at Mipumi Games and PGDA Board member – “From Ruff Prototype to Release: Key Insights from Developing Howl”; August 22, 1:30 PM; Stage 4 – Offenbachsaal
- Johanna Pirker | Professor at Game Lab Graz – “Surviving the AI Tsunami”; August 22, 5:00 PM; Stage 1 – Europasaal
- Niel Widy | Solo Developer SolarBlack, Andromeda Entertainment and HTL Professor – “Iteration in Isolation: Finding Success as a Solo VR Developer During a Global Pandemic”; Stage 8
- Georg Hobmeier | Creative Director at Causa Creations – “Glasfäden: Unveiling Untold Histories through an Interactive Motion Comic”; August 24, 11:30 AM; C – Rheinsaal 5
Tickets for devcom and gamescom can still be purchased via their respective websites – but be aware that accommodation might already be fully booked this close to the event. If you are a developer coming to Cologne, make sure you are getting the correct tickets, as entrance to devcom and the gamescom business area are being handled separately.
For those not going (or going) to Cologne this year we offer, as usually, the next best thing to GamesCom: ...
Coral Cove, developed by students of FH Salzburg, has been selected as winner of the first Austrian Talent...
For this month’s PGDA call, we are talking about how a legal advisor can contribute to your endeavors as a game...